Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Quick update

4/4/2019
New Delhi Airport

After a ‘as good as 14 hour flights’ go, I was into Delhi last night around 11:00pm local. Deplaning and immigration was rather typical for any large international airport. The real adventure was getting outside with 4 bags and just myself to porter my gear. It was 81 degrees at midnight and 100% humidity. And the air was thick with coal smog, choking you as soon as you left the air conditioning. 

In the madness I was able to locate  the Uber corral and navigate that maze of hundreds of small white cars. Riding in cars here is a lot like how bats echo locate. No one uses driving lanes, mirrors or signals, just a series of aggressive beeps to gauge your distance to the next vehicle. 

Made it to the hotel and after a few beers at the bar, warm shower and shuttle back to airport I’m on my way to Kathmandu. 

Adventure awaits around each corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos!!

Photos from the trip ...